Jonis Borson


A couple of weeks ago I got me self a box of Hybrids and apart from trying the arms on some confrontation figures I hadn't done much with them. I was having a chat with Antipixi about kit-bashing various figures for Inq28.


So I took a some bits and knocked together this little dude. Hybrid boy and legs, Skitarii arms and gun, huntsmen Head and Marksmen of Miragliano back banner. He just kind of put him self together as all the best kit bashes do.

I'm not the sort of person to plan out a colour scheme and generally they kind of just evolve as I'm painting. I just pick colours that I like and then match them with complementing ones.


This guy ended up with a pretty Autumnal look but it really suits him. Someone pointed out he looks a bit like Boris Jonson so I shall name him in his honour. I give you Jonis Borson, a guardsman from the 17th Hesperax Light Infantry. Invalided out of service due to injuries sustained when he accidentally insulted a Astartes from the White Scar chapter by suggesting his homeworld might be a little backward. Once he was given an augmentic arm he was recuperating in a hospital on Fernal Alpha when it was attacked by the Arch-Enemy. He survived for 3 weeks before running into an Inquisitor who decided that another gun in his war band would be a good idea in the current situation.  Jones has stuck around ever since. The things he has seem with his remaining eye!



Comments

  1. Wow, that's a really inspired conversion, I love the way it turned out and the paintjob. Truly the image of an adventurer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I think the browns really transform the spacesuit look of the cultist body. And the hat is inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great figure, and those bitz seem like they were made for each other. The brown colors are something that I am aiming for with one of my warbands too, and I hope it comes out half as well as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great ide, and the painting is good too. Can you knock up a mutie and call him Figel Narage !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work. I love the sense of movement and urgency that you've given him. And all the details in the sculpt really pop thanks to your painting technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! Thanks you lot! Getting nice comments is enough to make feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's great! I've seen someone else say that it's the first time they saw browns on the cultist body - me too, and they're great. He's got a little bit of a Davy Crocket feel to him I think - a sort of space backwoodsman. Great kitbashing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gold tones are lovely and I demand your secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice kitbash. And yes, looks just like that boorish twit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would not have guessed that he was based on a hybrid. Well done indeed! He looks lovely. The colors are an excellent, if unplanned, choice. (Best way to do it, really.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment